Registration and Payment Information
Online Registration: Now Available CLICK HERE
Mail-In: Print Registration Form and mail your payment of check or money order to Clinton Community College, CCWD, 136 Clinton Point Drive, Plattsbugh NY, 12901.
Walk-In: George Moore Building, 136 Clinton Point Drive, Plattsbugh NY, 12901. (Rooms 139M & 140M)
Billing: Bill your company by using the Commit to Pay Form on your own company letterhead, have it signed by the person authorizing the commit to payment. If applicable, send it with the course registration form.
Prerequisite for some Registrations
- Classes start promptly. Due to DMV regulations late students cannot be admitted in the class.
- Refunds are NOT available due to late arrivals or no shows.
- You must bring your permit with you to the class.
- The completion certificate you receive is needed when you take your road test. Keep it in a secure place. Duplicates cost $10 and take 10 minutes or longer to process.
Certificate of Residency
If your workshop requires a certificate of residency, the original document is due prior to the first day of class. The form
can be obtained and completed in our office.
Emergency Medical Services Courses
- Current Certification Card: If you are registering for a refresher course, rapid recertification, or an advanced EMT course, your card must be valid through the date of the NYS certification exam (the last day of class).
- Agency Vouchers: If your agency is paying for the course we will accept an agency voucher that allows us to bill your agency. The voucher must be submitted when you register so we can make a copy for our records. The voucher must include a billing address and the name of the authorized person to receive the bill. If your employer is not an approved state EMS agency or does not use agency vouchers but would like to pay for your training, they must provide written authorization to do so. This must include the name of your company, address, phone number, name of the person authorizing the billing, and their signature. Registration cannot take place without a voucher or written authorization.
- Age Requirements: Students who enroll in Certified First Responder Courses must be at least 16 years old by the last day of the month in which the NYS written certification examination is scheduled to be held. Students who enroll in EMT Courses must be at least 18 years old by the last day of the month in which the NYS written certification examination is scheduled to be held.
- Workshops may be cancelled due to low enrollment or other extenuating circumstances. If an individual workshop is cancelled you will be notified by phone or mail and issued a refund. If a workshop must be rescheduled (i.e. an instructor is ill) you will be offered a seat in the new class date or may choose to receive a refund.
- We do not have wait list for courses and programs.
Courses & Programs Refund Policy
- If CCC is closed, courses and programs will not be held. If CCC evening classes are cancelled, workshops will not be held. Cancellation notices are posted on the college website at www.clinton.edu and with local TV and radio stations, such as WPTZ and WIRY.station notices are posted on the college website at www.clinton.edu and with local TV and radio stations, such as WPTZ and WIRY.
Students who wish to withdraw from a class must formally request withdrawal with the College via phone/voicemail to be eligible for a refund under the following guidelines:
100% Refund - Students who withdraw from a class prior to the class start date are eligible for a full refund.
0% Refund - Students who withdraw from a class after the class start date will not be eligible for a refund.
Please note - special refund policies may apply if stated with the course description.
Refunds for cash or check payments will be disbursed by check payable to the individual who is registered. Refunds, cancellations, or withdrawals for classes that were paid for with a credit card will be reimbursed directly to the credit card that was used for payment. If a company was billed for the tuition fee, the refund will go to the company that paid.We do not have wait list for courses and programs.
- A tuition appeals committee is available to review requests for refunds not meeting the above criteria. Appeals must be submitted to the Controller, using the form provided by the business office in room 226.
Senior Citizen Waiver Policy
Senior Citizens (individuals age 60 or over) qualify for a waiver of tuition under the following guidelines:
- If a waiver is requested the person must wait until the day of the class to contact us to register. Saturday classes require a Friday notification. 518-562-4139
- Waivers can only be granted if there is an available seat in the class.
- Only one senior waiver is allowed for any one workshop.
- If requesting a waiver for a driving course the American Safety Council Fee must be paid.
- It is not possible to pay for a course and then later request a waiver.
- Please note that there are some workshops that are not available for a senior waiver (i.e. EMT classes, online courses)
- Professional Development workshops that result in certification (i.e. Real Estate) can be taken with a senior waiver, but the participant will not receive certification.
- If you require extra assistance or special accommodations, please contact us before your workshop so that we can provide proper accommodations.