Transferring and Applying For Financial Aid
Our School Codes
FAFSA (Federal Aid/Pell) 006787
TAP (State Aid/TAP) 2036
Go to: www.fafsa.gov .
"Make a correction"
Select CORRECT application year
Click link "Make FAFSA Corrections"
Go to school code section and add C.C.C.’s code  (or any other school).
Delete the previous school where you do NOT want your information sent.
SUBMIT the corrected FAFSA.-saving it will not affect the changes made.
Go to: www.fafsa.gov .
Before filing your FAFSA, you will need to apply for a FSA ID. If you are a dependent student, one parent also needs their own.
To get your FSA ID, simply click on the link on FAFSA or go to: https://fsaid.ed.gov.
- Gather the following information to begin your FAFSA:
- Social security numbers for yourself AND your parent if you’re a dependent student
- An Alien Registration Number if you’re not a U.S. Citizen
- Federal tax returns (from the prior-prior year)for yourself (AND your parent if you’re a dependent student) or your spouse if applicable
- W2 statements (from the prior-prior year)for yourself (AND your parent if you’re a dependent student) or your spouse if applicable
- Any records of untaxed income: Social Security, Temporary Assistance To Needy Families, Veterans Benefits etc. for yourself (AND your parent if you’re a dependent student) or your spouse if applicable
- Information on checking and savings accounts, investments, and business or farm assets for yourself (AND your parent if you’re a dependent student) or your spouse if applicable
- If you do not receive a response from FAFSA within two weeks, go to www.fafsa.gov and click: "View your Student Aid Report."
- For FAFSA help 8 a.m.- midnight, call: 1-800-4-FED-AID or 1-800-730-8913 (TTY)hearing impaired
- If you need to apply for student loans, file the FAFSA FIRST. Awards and loan offers will be listed in the CCC student portal when the process is finalized, if you don't see one listed there, contact the Fin Aid Office directly.
- A guardian wishing to borrow for a dependent can view: Loans
Apply for TAP
- After filing your FAFSA online: Select the link "File your TAP application now", from the confirmation page of the FAFSA. If you miss the link, go to: www.tapweb.org.
- HESC manages the New York State Tuition Assistance Program. Information from your FAFSA and your family's calculated NYS Net Taxable income will be carried over into your TAP application.
- Once your application has been processed, you will receive a TAP/State Scholarship Award Notice. If additional information is needed to process your TAP award, you will receive a Request for Information from HESC. Be sure to respond in a timely manner.
- For automated assistance with TAP call: 1-888-697-4372
- When your award package is complete, CCC Financial Aid Office will send an email to your Clinton email address and the email you provided on the FAFSA. Award packets will NO LONGER be mailed. Tuition bills will NO LONGER be mailed. Everything you need will be accessed through the CCC student portal .