TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1.A graduate of Clinton Community College’s Associate in Arts (A.A.), Liberal Arts: Humanities and Social Science program will be accepted into SUNY Plattsburgh’s Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Social Work program, upon meeting the following conditions:
- Apply for admission to SUNY Plattsburgh.
- Achieve a minimum over-all cumulative grade point average of 2.5.
- Have introductory courses in psychology, sociology, statistics and human biology.
- Submitting a professional letter of reference.
- Submitting an essay detailing rational for pursuing a degree in social work.
2.SUNY Plattsburgh will accept up to 67 Clinton Community College transfer credits.
3.A Bachelor of Science with the major in Social Work will be awarded upon meeting the following:
- Satisfactory completion of a minimum of 120 credit hours.
- A minimum grade point average of 2.0.
- A minimum grade point average of 2.5 in all social work (SWK) courses.
- A minimum grade of “C” in Written Expression (Clinton’s ENG101).
- A minimum of 42 credit of upper-division, 300-400 level courses, with 21 of the upper-division credits being completed in residence at Plattsburgh.
- The residency requirement is 36 credit hours completed at Plattsburgh, with 18 of the 36 credits in major (SWK) courses.
- Completion of 60 credits in liberal arts, for the Bachelor of Science.
- Completion of general education.
- Completion of all major requirements.
- Successful completion of SWK403-SWK404 Field Practicum.
- Students must complete 30 of their last 36 credits in residence.