TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. A graduate of Clinton Community College’s Associate in Arts (A.A.), Liberal Arts: Humanities and Social Science program will be accepted into SUNY Plattsburgh’s Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Human Development and Family Relations, study option in Child Care Management program, upon meeting the following conditions:
- Apply for admission to SUNY Plattsburgh.
- Achieve a minimum over-all cumulative grade point average of 2.5.
2. SUNY Plattsburgh will accept up to 67 Clinton Community College transfer credits.
3. A Bachelor of Science with the major in Human Development and Family Relations, study option in Child Care Management, will be awarded upon meeting the following:
- Satisfactory completion of a minimum of 120 credit hours.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5.
- A minimum major grade point average of 2.5.
- A minimum grade of “C” in Written Expression (Clinton’s ENG101).
- Before a student can enroll in any additional major courses, a grade of “C+” or better is required in each of the following courses: HDF211, HDF311, HDF314, FNI191, CLG402, and HDF261.
- A minimum grade of “C+” or better is required in each CEM and HDF prefixed course.
- All major requirements must be completed prior to the internship semester. Exceptions made only in cases of extreme, documented, and extenuating circumstances.
- Minimum major and cumulative GPA of 2.5 required. Students who fall below will be reviewed by the faculty and department chairperson to determine their eligibility to continue to enroll in any other major courses.
- Students may repeat a course only once to raise a grade.
- Student must receive a 2.5 grade or higher for the field work program.
- A minimum of 42 credit of upper-division, 300-400 level courses, with 21 of the upper-division credits being completed in residence at Plattsburgh.
- The residency requirement is 36 credit hours completed at Plattsburgh, with 18 of the 36 credits in major (HDF, CEM, CLG, FNI) courses.
- Completion of 60 credits in liberal arts, for the Bachelor of Science.
- Completion of general education.
- Completion of all major requirements.
- Students must complete 30 of their last 36 credits in residence.