TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1.A graduate of Clinton Community College’s Associate in Arts (A.A.), Liberal Arts: Humanities and Social Science program will be accepted into SUNY Plattsburgh’s Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) Art, study Option in Art Studio program, upon meeting the following conditions:
- Apply for admission to SUNY Plattsburgh.
- Achieve a minimum over-all cumulative grade point average of 2.0.
2.SUNY Plattsburgh will accept up to 67 Clinton Community College transfer credits.
3.Admission of transfer students to 300/400 level studio courses will be contingent upon submission of a portfolio of previous work in the medium, to assure appropriate preparation.The portfolio is to be presented to the instructor on the first day of classes.A slide or digital portfolio is acceptable, and the portfolio already submitted to the department may be used.
4.It is recommended that all transfer students have a personal interview/portfolio review with the Art Department, and/or send to the Art Department a digital or slide portfolio which is representative of all previous college-level studio work.The portfolio review will assist in advising by helping to identify strengths, weaknesses, and it can be used to recommend advanced placement or additional work in certain areas.
5.A Bachelor of Arts with the major in Art, Study Option in Art Studio, will be awarded upon meeting the following:
- Satisfactory completion of a minimum of 120 credit hours.
- A minimum overall GPA of 2.0 in Art (ART) courses.
- A minimum grade of “C” in Written Expression (Clinton’s ENG101).
- A minimum of 42 credit of upper-division, 300-400 level courses, with 21 of the upper-division credits being completed in residence at Plattsburgh.
- The residency requirement is 36 credit hours completed at Plattsburgh, with 18 of the 36 credits in art (ART) courses.
- The resident art credits include: the Studio Specialization Sequence (9 cr.), additional studio art classes (6 cr.), ART471 Contemporary Art (3 cr.) or ART475 Art of the Book (3 cr.), and ART397 Junior Level Portfolio (0 cr.).
- Completion of 90 credits in liberal arts, for the Bachelor of Arts.
- Completion of general education.
- Completion of all major requirements.
- Students must complete 30 of their last 36 credits in residence.