Wireless Network Services at CCC
The Information Technology (IT) Department is pleased to announce secured wireless access is available to our students, faculty and staff. Use of the wireless network at CCC implies consent to adhere to all College policies regarding computer/technology use at Clinton Community College. In order to use this service, you must know your username and password.
IT reserves the right:
- To block certain services from being used on the wireless network.
- The right to disconnect any wireless network user at any time without notice.
Most operating systems will display the names of the wireless networks available. Our secured wireless connection SSID is called 'CCC-Secure'.
Configuring your device to CCC-Secure:
- Click the wireless connection symbol located in the lower right corner
- Click CCC-SECURE
- Click Connect to display the Windows Security window.
- Enter your username and password.
- Click OK. You are now connected.
- Go to Control Panel, Networking and Sharing Center or click the wireless icon in the system tray, then click "Open Network and Sharing Center"
- At the next screen, click "Manage Wireless Networks"
- At the next screen click "Add"
- At the next screen click "Manually Create a Network Profile"
- At the next screen, type CCC-Secure in the network name, security type is WPA2-Enterpries, leave encryption type AES, uncheck "Start this connection automatically"
- Click next, at the next screen click "Change connections settings"
- At the next screen, do not change anything under the "Connection" tab. Click the "Security" tab.
- Under the "Security" tab, click "Settings"
- Uncheck "Validate sever certificate" then click "Configure"
- Uncheck the box in the EAP MSCHAPv2 Properties window: Click OK twice.
- Back at the following screen click "Advanced Settings"
- Put a check in "Specify Authentication Mode". Select "User Authentication" from the drop down. Click "OK" twice.
- Back at this screen, click "Close".
- Click on the wireless icon in the system tray and click on CCC-Secure and then click "Connect:"
- You will get prompted to login. Enter your username and password and click OK. You are now connected.
- Open WiFi network available message.
- Select CCC-Secure. Scroll down until you see Identity and Enter Password.
Enter your username and password (do not use Anonymous identity entry).
- Press Connect. Your are now connected.
- From the Choose a Network pulldown menu, select CCC-Secure.
- Enter your username and password and click Join.
- You will be asked to accept the certificate the first time you access CCC-Secure. Select Trust.
- Your are now connected.
Residence Halls and Dining Facility:
All floors of Residence Halls and Dining Area have wireless access although access is limited in individual rooms. Access is not secure and does not require authentication with a username and password.