Office of Institutional Research and Planning
The Office of Institutional Research and Planning, staffed by a full-time Data Analyst, was created in 2004 to allow a dedicated position for institutional data collection and analysis. The office also serves as a centralized, internal resource for the oversight of all campus-wide assessment.
The Data Analyst provides data to President’s Council, the Assessment Committee, the Enrollment Management Committee, the Academic Council, and the General Education and Student Learning Outcomes Coordinators to convey institution-wide assessment results which are used for timely decision-making at all levels.
The Data Analyst, working under the Vice President for Academic Affairs, directly oversees the following activities:
- Data collection, analysis and submittal of most campus-wide student data reporting to agencies such as the Integrated Postsecondary Educational Data System (IPEDS), the State University of New York (SUNY) System, and the New York State Education Department (NYSED)
- Coordination of campus-wide institutional reporting
- Administration of external campus surveys such as the Community College Survey on Student Engagement (CCSSE) and the ACT Student Opinion Survey (SOS)
- Administration of internal surveys such as the Campus Climate survey and coordination/review of all other surveys on campus
- Supports VPAA in coordination of the CCC Institutional Effectiveness Plan
- Data collection and analysis of College Strategic Plan sub-goals and dissemination to President’s Council and campus constituents
- Data and analysis support for Assessment Committee
- Data and analysis support for Academic and Student Affairs Program Reviews
- Supports coordination of administrative unit annual assessment process
- Data collection for Enrollment Management Committee and Retention Sub-Committee
- Coordination of campus-wide surveys
- Accreditation Liaison Officer for the Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Data collection and analysis to support new academic initiatives
For more information, please contact: Jessica J. Aubrey, Data Analyst, Office of Institutional Research and Planning.
Phone #: (518)562-4189. >