Skip Navigation LinksHome > FSA > Residence Life

Residence Life

Thank you for your interest in residential life. As of Fall 2018, Clinton no longer offers on campus housing. There are many great options for local, off campus student housing. Click here for more information.

Residential living is one part of the collective college experience that provides a continuing opportunity for personal, social and intellectual development. One of the objectives of the residence hall program at Clinton Community College is to offer our students frequent opportunities to use the skills and knowledge they have garnered in making independent and mature decisions.

Our residence halls provide students with rich and fulfilling life experiences. We offer students the big college residential program in a small and comfortable environment.

We have two Residence Halls located just minutes from campus. Situated directly across from the halls is the parc dining hall. This building also hosts many programs and social events that occur, and is where student mailboxes can be found.

So...Where are the Residence Halls?  The Residence Halls are conveniently located on the former Plattsburgh Air Force Base, just two miles from the Main Campus.     

There is ample free parking in the Residence Hall parking lot. For students without transportation, the CCPT bus makes stops between the campus and the Residence Halls (Bluff Point Seasonal route) every half an hour at :02 and :32 when classes are in session. Residence Hall students receive a bus sticker which accesses all CCPT routes. This pass gives students the freedom of unlimited travel throughout much of Plattsburgh.

To sign up for housing for the 2018-2019 academic year prospective students and current Residence Hall students need to complete and return a 2018-2019 Housing Licence Agreement and submit a $200.00 Housing Deposit (this is not covered by Financial Aid) to the FSA Office.  As housing situations are limited, it is advised that all applications for housing be submitted 45 days prior to the start of each semester.  However, all applications will be accepted until rooms become unavailable.  Single rooms are limited and are on a  first-come-first-serve basis with priority given to returning students. If you have a medical reason that would require you to have a single room, a Clinical Documentation for Accommodation in the Residence Halls form along with a doctor's letter on professional letterhead is required.

The room and board contract is for the entire academic year, payable by semester. Financial Aid can be applied to your room and board bill after the college tuition bill has been paid. The first amounts of aid received at the College are paid to the College for tuition & fees, additional aid is then disbursed to the FSA for Bookstore purchases (amounts charged to PELL or loans) and then to housing and meal plans.

If you have any questions or comments, please contact Sarah L. McCarty, Director of Campus Life (518) 562-4381.