Health Physical Education and Recreation
“Sound Body…Sound Mind…Sound Future” WELCOME
to the Department of Health, Physical Education, and Recreation (HPE) at Clinton Community College! If you have an interest in health, fitness, teaching, athletic training, outdoor adventure, or just want to stay active, we have something for you.
Clinton Community College offers a 2 + 2 Transfer Program in:
- Physical Education Teacher Preparation
This program allows students to complete 2-years (60-66 credit hours) at CCC, earning an Associates Degree in Liberal Arts: Humanities and Social. Students can then transfer these credit hours to a partner 4-year institution (SUNY Cortland, Springfield College, SUNY Brockport, SUNY Plattsburgh, or SUNY Canton) where they can complete the remaining 2-years, earning a Bachelors Degree.
Additional HPE opportunities available to CCC students include:
· New York State Department of Education approved Coaching Certificate Program,
· Athletic Training Advisement Option to a 4-year accredited Bachelors Degree
· Participation on one of our six Intercollegiate Sports Teams,
· Ability to simply enjoy being active by enrolling in indoor or outdoor activity courses.
For details on 2 + 2 Transfer Programs, degree or curriculum requirements, additional HPE opportunities, course offerings, or faculty information, please click on the links located in the side bar.
If you any questions, please feel free to contact us. It would be our pleasure to help you set your HPE career in motion!
Eric J. Arnold
Angela M. Alphonso