Added on 9/17/2019 and is open until filled
Clinton Community College, a member of the State University of New York, is a progressive community college with a stunning location on the shores of Lake Champlain. The College plays a unique role in the local community and within the state by offering traditional and nontraditional students access to a variety of educational programs. Our Nursing Program is in need of a Nursing Skills Lab Learning Resources Coordinator. This is a part-time, professional position with some evening hours required (15 hours a week in the fall and spring semesters - maximum 250 hours per semester).
The Nursing Skills Lab Learning Resources Coordinator (Lab Coordinator) reports directly to the Director of Nursing and is responsible for maintaining and providing assistance in the nursing laboratories. The Lab Coordinator teaches and evaluates students in the lab setting.
• Provides assistance to instructors and/or students in the clinical lab setting.
• Serves as resource person for faculty and students in matters relating to the lab.
• Researches, evaluates and recommends new lab materials, equipment.
• Aligns skills/simulation experiences to coincide with theory being presented in the classroom.
• Teaches and evaluates psychomotor skills/simulation in an environment conducive to student learning.
• Coordinates with faculty in designing scenarios and conducting simulations.
• Maintains Nursing Lab environment and prepares equipment/simulators, and supplies for the lab demonstration and student practice.
• Maintains confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
• Other related duties as required.
• Master’s degree in Nursing.
• Strong planning and organizational skills and problem-solving ability.
• Proficient in computer-based skills and motivated to embrace new technologies.
• Efficiently uses organizational and planning skills including tact and diplomacy while working with diverse student and faculty populations.
• Ability to lift 30 pounds.
• Possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
• Unencumbered/current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of New York.
How to apply:
Although the search will remain open until the position is filled, for full consideration, candidates should submit materials by September 30, 2019, including a cover letter, curriculum vitae, unofficial transcripts, and a CCC Professional Application (available at http://www.clinton.edu/jobs) to:
Human Resources Office
Clinton Community College
136 Clinton Point Drive
Plattsburgh, New York, 12901