What Is Online Learning?
When you take a class online, you connect with the professor and the other students through the Internet. You write papers, complete homework assignments, ask and answer questions, take tests, and participate in discussions from home on your computer.
Online courses have the same content and standards as on-campus courses. The quality of teaching and learning online is as high as on-campus courses. And CCC provides Student Services for online students, through email or on the phone.
Some good reasons to take courses online:
- You live a long distance from campus.
- You work during the day or your work schedule changes.
- You have children that keep you at home.
- You’re a highly motivated student who wants to try something new.
- Your employer is encouraging you to complete professional development at work.
- Taking Online Courses Saves Money!!!
Hundreds of students have benefited from Online Learning at CCC every semester since year 2000. Our online faculty are well-trained in adult learning theories and deliver well-designed courses to enhance the learning of our diverse student population.
We are proud of our association with the award winning Open SUNY
. We encourage you to observe an Open SUNYcourse to get an idea of what to expect in an online classroom:
For further information, contact:Online Learning Coordinator
or call (518) 562-4281